This is a 2 day course which is suitable for first line managers, foremen, gangers, team leaders and supervisors: those who have or are about to acquire, supervisory responsibilities and need to understand their legal duties to better contribute to the instruction, supervision andn monitoring of tasks and activities to ensure safety on site.
Aims and Objectives:
The course aims to help site managers, foremen and supervisors to:
- Identify problem areas found in the construction industry
- Understand and appreciate proactive and reactive monitoring
- Perform risk assessments and recognise the importance of method statements
- Have an understanding of the structure of health and safety laws
- Learn skills required to perform site inductions, method statement briefs and toolbox talks
- Health and Safety Law
- Developing a Health and Safety Management System
- Occupational Health
- Fire Prevention and Control
- Risk Assessment and Method Statements
- Hazardous Substances
- CDM Regulations
- Working At Height
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Manual Handling
- Accidents and First Aid
Full attendance of the 2 day course is essential and candidates will be continually assessed during the course. On successfully passing the multiple choice examination the delegates are awarded the Construction Site Supervisor’s Safety Certificate.
This course is an ideal foundation for obtaining a basic understanding of health and safety duties and responsibilities for junior management and upon successful completion of this course a natural progression would be the Site Management Safety Training Scheme course.