This is a 2 day refresher course which is suitable for construction site managers, agents, quantity surveyors, construction directors and project directors, and those responsible for planning, organising, monitoring, controlling and administering groups of staff and workforce.
Aims and Objectives:
The course aims to help site managers, agents and supervisors to:
- Manage health and safety on site in accordance with current legal provisions
- Develop an understanding of responsibilities and accountability for site health, safety and welfare
- Recognise a safe site is efficient, economical and productive
At the end of the period of training, delegates will be aware of and able to:
- Implement all health, safety, welfare and environmental legislation which affects them during their daily work
- Implement new guidance and industry best practice
- State their duties and responsibilities with regards to health, safety, welfare and the environment
- Health and Safety at Work-Order 1978 and other regulations relevant to the management of site safety
- Site set up, CDM, risk assessments and method statements
- Scaffolding, working at height, electricity, excavations, demolition and confined spaces
- Accidents and the associated legislative requirements
- Need for control measures and adequate
Full attendance of the 2 day refresher course is essential and candidates will be continually assessed during the course. On successfully passing the three core exercises, case study exercise and end of course multiple choice examination the delegates are awarded the Construction Site Manager’s Safety Certificate.